Thursday, August 21, 2008

My New Toy

I'm so excited--I just ordered the Bulldog! Hah, I know most of you are probably like "what is she talking about" or "she thinks that's a toy" ... well to all of you, "yup, I do and I'm excited as all heck about it". See, new exercise equipment is like a birthday present to me. All I can think about is what can I do with this, and how can I make it work for me..and then by default, which of my clients is going to be the first victim, er, I mean lucky one, to try it out. Maybe you think I'm crazy, but this sh!t I/we do really works and that's why I'm so passionate about it.

Kettlebells
are not the cheapest of equipment (although they are worth every penny), but that's the beauty of this little Bulldog, its versatility. With this baby, you buy just one and then supplement it with more weight (or steel shot in this instance) to fill it. This is actually much less expensive than buying separate kettlebells for the different work you do with them, and you can purchase more steel shot at sporting goods stores. And yes, buying the extra weight does cost money (what doesn't?!), but it's still much cheaper than buying separate bells. So all this being said, the order is in, and I'm planning to bring it to the gym as soon as I'm comfortable working with it. Please check out this little gem ... I think it's a great investment in your body and your long-term workout regimen.

I'll repost about this particular item in a week or two after I've had a chance to actually use it, but I have no doubt I'm going to love it!

P.S. -- I ordered a 'bundle' that consisted of the bell, some shot and a rope (???, huh, you ask??). Have you ever used one of those big thick ropes in your workouts? Well I have--mostly for pullups, and lemme tell you, they kick your butt. Well the exercises for this rope will also shake up your workout like you've never seen before. But more on that later..I'll just let you speculate on that one for a bit... Thanks for checking in and we'll talk soon! Lata...

4 comments:

Mark Salinas said...

Very curious to see how this bad boy works out for you. I look forward to your review.

LindaM said...

I'm looking forward to it as well. I hope it works as well as I think. It could prove to be a huge $$-saver for those looking to work with kettlebells.

MizFit said...

VERY COOL!

cant wait for your review.

LindaM said...

mizfit, thanks for stopping in! I recently checked your blog out too (courtesy of Mark Salinas -- great guy!). They tell me the KB is on its way--can't wait to try it--hoping it doesn't let me down. Will keep everyone posted.