Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Now or Never...

Okay, Summer's winding down, the kids are back in school and you're asking yourself what happened, where did it go? What did you accomplish these last couple months? Were you bathing suit ready like you planned on being, did you hit the Farmer's Market and buy fresh fruits and veggies like you planned on doing, did you keep up with the healthy goals you planned for yourself??? I hope most of you did..I for one fell off the diet wagon a bit, but climbed back on and got my act together. I did manage to get ALL my workouts in and most of the cardio I had wanted to do. It's definitely rough when the kids are home and need to be shuffled here and there and whatnot... BUT, you can't ever forget to keep yourself and your goals and plans in those equations. I hope you didn't put off or skip a workout because you were too busy. Guess what, we are all busy. It's about prioritizing, scheduling, compromising, etc...but you cannot forget about yourself. If you do, you're starting to make excuses, and that will not take you to where you ultimately want to be. Please don't ever forget, if you don't think about yourself and take care of yourself, nobody else will do it for you. You need to schedule your time for yourself as if you were scheduling a pick up or drop off for one of your kids--you would never miss that, would you?! There is nothing that makes me sadder than to see everyone work so hard in the gym and eat so well out of the gym to let themself lose it. Your success and failure is my success and failure as well. It's hard for me to see people sabotage themselves. You work so hard, you've conquered a new weight on that squat you hate so much, you've kicked out two more reps on those lunges that make the sweat pour off you in buckets..don't let yourself lose that! The time is NOW--no more excuses. Let's get back to the plan..you're almost there. I speak from experience--I've been there, done that. As my old trainer told me and I now tell you, "If this sh!t was easy, everyone would be doing it". Hold yourself above the rest and get your head back in the game. No time like the present...

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Here Here!

Hate hearing about the excuses. If it's a goal, then it should be part of your day.

LindaM said...

Hey Rachel! Glad you agree--I didn't want to sound too mean, but that's truly how I feel. If you want it, you'll find a way to make it happen! Thanks...

Mark Salinas said...

Adelante! Forward on! Absolutely...kick it into high gear and get it rolling! Nice post! :)

LindaM said...

Hey Mark -- 100% in agreement there! Thx..

Cat Lover said...

Being a teacher w/summers off i see a difference in my body when I add cardio (walking, rollerblading and bike riding) to my weight training. This year my goal so to continue w/weight training through fall and winter. The summer Olympics have inspired me to continue to work hard to stay fit. Dara Torres certainly is an inspiration to all women over 40....determination is the key. Dont let workouts be last on your "List".

LindaM said...

catlover--so so true. You stated a goal--and a very feasible one at that--you just jumped a major hurdle. You sound like your head is in the game and you're ready to play. Good going! Thanks for stopping in!

Anonymous said...

You are very true in your statements. I worked really hard before summer and was doing fantasic. I however have the best trainer in the world. It was really tough getting the food in every couple hours and food at all. I was and still am very disappointed that I let that happened. With that said I did continue to work with my trainer three days a week and go to the gym to get some cardio in. It was not enough for me I still gained 10 pounds. I am a person that needs to workout and eat clean. I have also been more tired than usual and can feel the health affect as well. I am back to work and back on a better schedule and I hope that I will be able to get it together real soon. I do agree with Linda that it is important to us as much as our famlies are and that we do need to think of ourselves as well. This was such a great message to send out to everyone. Thank you

LindaM said...

Anon, stating that you know what needs to be done is a great step towards getting back to where you want/need to be. Keep yourself focused on the chore at hand, and do not forget about yourself in the pandemonium of everyday life. I have confidence and that you can and will do this.