Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good Intentions


We all have them, right? We all do our best to follow through on them, but what happens when you don't? I feel like my life is all about good intentions--where my family is concerned, my clients, my job, everything. I started this blog with the best of intentions of cluing everyone in on what I think about the 'issues' of the world of health and fitness. Hah! Only a fraction of time into it and I'm already lagging. It's not that I don't have a thick skull full of things I want to say, it's just that I can't seem to eek out any more hours in the day to make it happen. I work too much and I'm spreading myself too thin. BUT, I still want to make things happen. I want my kids to know that mom is there for them no matter what--it's a challenge, but I make sure I'm there for the goings-on in their lives (whether they want me to or not--LOL!). I want to find new and exciting things for my clients to do so that they'll feel great about themselves--I want them to continue to be happy they came to me in the first place. I still want to challenge myself and see how far I can go with all of this. I enjoy posting and chatting with all the new friends I have on Twitter as well as with the circle of friends I've developed on Figure Athlete (what a great group of girls over there!). I've also found a whole new group of great people courtesy of Valerie Waters' Red Carpet Ready Club. I love all the new things I've learned courtesy of all these people. I'm just coming to the conclusion that I don't have time to really enjoy and utilize it.

So I ask, "How do you handle all your good intentions?" How do you find time for you and all that you hold near and dear. I need some guidance on this one..I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

4 comments:

m said...

I would definitely suggest you take care of YOU and your family first. What are your long term goals and work backwards to immediate actions! You are doing fantastic...no worries!

MizFit said...

I feel ya.

and Ive found that I just need to start drawing lines/boundaries.

all thought out (ie. doing twitter but not following anyone. sounds silly but I knew I COULD NOT ADD another thing coming 'in') and onces which make me/my family a priority.

GOOD LUCK~

Kelly O said...

Hey Girl!! Just added you back on Twitter!! Love your blog. I will post it on my blog tonight!!! are you in IL still? I'm in Carpentersville - NW suburbs...!!
;-)
K

LindaM said...

Hey Kelly--thx for stopping in! I'm in SW Suburbs..Tinley Park/Frankfort area..small world!