Saturday, December 27, 2008

I Hereby Resolve Not To ...


Okay, it's almost New Year's..have you made the dreaded 'Resolution(s)' yet?? Well I haven't and I'm not going to. How many of you make these every year and thus end up condoning yourself for months over your failure to follow through?

I'm going to continue to just strive to make things better for myself and my family--the very same things I've been working on regularly of late. My body and health I got a handle on a number of years ago--I worked hard and continue to do so daily to maintain what I've achieved. My family is a daily work-in-progress. Like most, we have ups and downs (and with two teens there are many ;-) ), but I continue to take that one day at a time and hope to make the best decisions for all of us. I will continue to work daily on my job and financial future because, of course, I want more (and who doesn't, right?!). I work my butt off constantly to achieve this, but that's just not something I can 'resolve' to make happen instantaneously.

Therein lies my point I guess. How can the turning of a new year 'make' things happen for you. If you want certain things for yourself, why haven't you been trying all along to find a way to achieve them? Why does the strike of a clock and a champagne toast commit or condemn you to things you should have been working towards this whole time?

With this coming of 2009 right around the corner, why not decide to just like yourself a little better..that right there can set the wheels in motion to a brighter future for you and those you care for. It will give you a more positive, clearer outlook on things, things that once seemed so far out of reach. Start living in the now, instead of resolving for the later.

7 comments:

Sheila | Live Well 360° said...

Amen, sister! Great post Linda. There is no better day than today to begin on the path toward truly living a life of wellness.

Sheila
http://livewell360.com

Clarissa (misscmac) said...

Love this blog - great job! I totally agree with you, and I am doing the same thing. Continuing to improve those areas that are important and when I find something that needs fixing, take action on it right then! Excellent work!

LindaM said...

Sheila & Clarissa..thank you! I just find it so frustrating and disheartening to see people beat themselves up when they don't need to..there's so much pressure out there that focusing on the 'now' is what's important.

Kelly Olexa said...

Hey Sweets! I'm so with you on liking ourselves better. I've been so hard on myself this year and realizing how much I need to positively coach myself....it is imperative for success. I believe it!!
So glad we met this year!! You rock.
;-) WOOT for you!!
KO

Kira said...

I'm lucky ... I'm a pretty likable kinda guy :)

If I liked myself anymore I'd have to go around singing, "I'm too sexy for your party, too sexy for your party, no way I'm disco dancing ..."

Good post, though :)

LindaM said...

Kira...lol--love that! And hey that's one of my fav songs--good times!

LindaM said...

Kelly O--u da bomb girl! Love ur stuff..ur energy is unmatched!